Saturday, June 30, 2012

Navigation Fail

Friday:  Driving over the Kingston Bridge in very heavy traffic and pouring rain, en route to Kings Park for Jess's oboe exam, I managed to get completely lost.  I couldn't work out where the satnav was trying to take  us.  Time was running out fast.  In desperation, I parked the car and called a taxi.  Problem: where were we?  There was no street name anywhere so I had to find someone who knew the street.  Then the taxi took ages to arrive and so we got to the church extremely late.

On the way home, I was being directed to the Squinty Bridge which had a big tailback of rush-hour traffic.  So I tried to be clever and drive on to the Clyde Tunnel, only to find that the access road was closed and only one tunnel open.  That meant driving all the way to Braehead and back round to join another big traffic queue.  A round trip that should have taken 45 minutes has ended up taking over two hours!

I hope Jess has passed her Grade 3 exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment