Saturday, August 25, 2012

Yet Another Accident

I drove to Toulouse to collect Marion from the airport on Friday.  On the motorway, I saw a big lorry at a crazy angle on the other side and this had caused a big long traffic jam.  "Ha Ha!" I thought  "Lucky I'm not going that way."  Ten minutes later I was crawling along at 2mph in a gigantic traffic jam.  I was sure I was going to arrive t the airport long after Marion got there.

Eventually I got to the bit where police were waving cars through one by one and they stopped me completely ... this was to let the ambulance get through to the scene  of the accident.  It was certainly one of the worst crashes I have ever seen.  One black car was lying against the central barriers facing the wrong way and it was completely wrecked.  There were three shocked people and a panda standing behind the other barrier.  Whoever was in the black car just had to have been injured.

In the end, I arrived at the airport car park exactly as Marion's plane landed so I wasn't late after all

No comments:

Post a Comment